To coincide with our 10th anniversary, the co-owners of Limelight Magazine decided to list their top 10 moments of the past 10 years, with each person noting their top 5 in no particular order. Here’s their list:
Katie’s Top 5 Moments at Limelight Magazine!
- Booking the Carl Palmer Band at Tupelo Music Hall and Narrows Center for the Arts on October 20, 2011 and October 22, 2011 respectively, which led me to meeting their guitarist Paul Bielatowicz who I later married on October 31, 2015.
- Booking our first show (Uriah Heep) as JKB Entertainment Group at Tupelo Music Hall on June 28, 2011.
- Hosting the Limelight Magazine Music Awards on March 12, 2011.
- Meeting some of the biggest booking agents in the world when we visited Los Angeles in 2012.
- Presenting BOSTON with the Legend Award at the Limelight Magazine Music Awards on March 16, 2013, with band members Tom Scholz and Gary Phil in attendance.
Jay’s Top 5 Moments at Limelight Magazine!
- Booking our first show (Adrian Belew Power Trio) as Limelight Magazine at the Narrows Center for the Arts on September 5, 2009.
- Interviewing Brad Delp (of BOSTON and Beatlejuice) as our second interview ever for Limelight Magazine.
- Presenting BOSTON with the Legend Award at the Limelight Magazine Music Awards on March 16, 2013, with band members Tom Scholz and Gary Phil in attendance. (This is the only one that both Katie and Jay had on their lists).
- Scheduling a photo shoot with Dream Theater at the Orpheum Theatre in Boston for our summer issue in 2008. The photo shoot took place 15 minutes before they took the stage and ended up being the cover story.
- Screening Tales of Rocky Point Park at the Narrows Center for the Arts on October 8, 2016. This was our first film we ever screened and we had great attendance. This will enable us to present more films in the future.